Sunday, September 13, 2009

Zechariah 13: 7 - 9

"I will bring that group through the fire and make them pure.
I will refine them like silver and purify them like gold.
They will call on my name, and I will answer them.
I will say, 'These are my people,' and they will say,'The LORD is our God'."

The ultimate relationship; don't you think? The relationship between God and His people illustrates a strong bond. This relationship is one that allows and even welcomes tough times because they know it is the purifying process to make them like silver and gold. This purifying process is where they are put through the fire to burn out the impurities leaving them more pure and beautiful then ever before.

This also illustrates a relationship of total trust. Do I trust God enough to know that He is in control when a crisis flares up? Do I realize that He is walking with me through the firey furnace?

I am excited to know that my relationship can be that beautiful.

1 comment:

Joyful said...

The purifying process is often what initiates my pressing in too. So thankful He's as close as the mention of His name.

Thanks for all your encouraging comments on my blog. Always enjoy your faithful visits.

Blessings,
Joy